ManHatTan

HDA with multiple outputs

Hi. Is it possible to have an HDA with multiple outputs? I've googled and searched here, but can't find a definitive answer (that I, as a beginner, understand anyway). I would like to have an output with a heightfield and one with geometry.

Check the built-in Vellum nodes, they're HDAs and have multiple inputs&outputs. Just do as they do.

3 minutes ago, Librarian said:

Check the built-in Vellum nodes, they're HDAs and have multiple inputs&outputs. Just do as they do.

Hi. I need to the outputs to "output" in the top level obj context (sorry if I get the terminology wrong). The vellum nodes work inside geo nodes, right?

3 hours ago, ManHatTan said:

Hi. I need to the outputs to "output" in the top level obj context (sorry if I get the terminology wrong). The vellum nodes work inside geo nodes, right?

Hi,

if you want to build HDA with 2 outputs (heightfield + geometry) you have to go to SOP context. I doubt you can create it on object level.

Edited by vicvvsh

On 12/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, vicvvsh said:

Hi,

if you want to build HDA with 2 outputs (heightfield + geometry) you have to go to SOP context. I doubt you can create it on object level.

I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks.