Sign in to follow this  
anbt

how to dynamically add mass to the bottom half of my cloth

Hello,

I would like my drapped cloth to be a bit more pulled towards the bottom when I am simulating and not have it fly upwards too much. see screenshot. I just want the shape to stay a bit more consistent. I know that the arms are pulling the cloth up at some point, but I am sure I can cheat my way out of this!!!
I created a @massgradient with a wrangle using the bounding box of my cloth. This feed into my vellumcloth>vellumDrape>DOPnet. So this attribute should be 1 at the bottom and near 0 at the top.
How can I multiply mass by this attribute in the DOP? Is this even how I should do this?

I tried using a Pop Property inside DOP, setting mass to 10, and in the VEXpression, typing @mass*=@massgradient;
But this doesn't seem to do anything, and when I bump the mass to 100, it gets really weird and doesn't do what I would imagine.

Any Ideas? If the cloth had a lower resolution, I wouldn't have this problem, but I want to keep this wrinkled look.

Thank you very much

image.png.a3292e0cb8eaa3ef8fcda904121aa345.png

60127a0697b69_Screenshot2021-01-25132802.jpg.1055d1986f87cc5e8c7c063fda906244.jpgimage.png.bdfb28761243f54b2df560f574629168.png

Edited by anbt