krishna avril

Unreal to Houdini Camera axis Fix

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm trying to export the camera from the Unreal to Houdini, the coordinate system is different in houdini(Y-up) and unreal(Z-up), I tried to get the translations correct which is camera should move towards X in houdini, but local rotation for the camera is still wrong, can we shuffle axis here? Scene file and camera file are attatched below

Thank You.

camera_import_problem.hip

camera_v003.fbx

Edited by krishna avril
added bit info

These import settings seem to work for me.

Untitled-1.jpg

cam_fbx_import.gif

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.c208c13d00be32ee7c231cf26d5c7251.pngHi, Thanks for checking the thread, can I know which Houdini version you are using, I have tried used the same setting and still camera points up-side... I tried using 17.5 , 18 & 18.5, not sure why its wrong, can you please explain the it for me, are you just importing, and its coming in a proper way? or have you changed any rotation or translations?

Edited by krishna avril
added bit info

Posted (edited)

Here is the resulting HIP using the import settings I posted with Houdini 18.5.408. FBX standard importing directly into the /obj network, not a subnet. The only change I made after import was to the Icon Scale of the camera.

ap_camera_import_problem.hiplc

Edited by Atom

there is some pre rotate and post-rotate missing for me while loading the camera, Is this a new thing in 18.5.408!!!!

this is how I'm importing

File -> Import ->flimbox FBX and settings are the same as you shared with me before.

Untitled.png

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.