Sign in to follow this  
Renderhouse

importing abc files

hi, i have just created some basic building models in 3dsmax, and i imported those in houdini, but what happened is i am not able to select primitives as when i click on one building, select tool selects it as a whole ?

need help

By default the geometry is coming in as Alembic Delayed Load Primitives. Take a look at the "Load As" drop-down menu on either the File > Import > Alembic Scene dialog or the Alembic SOP. You can choose to unpack the geometry there.

tried.thumb.PNG.0509218b42c75feaaa9855db88e1a2f4.PNGi tried that, but nothing happened but then i export that buildings in fbx from 3ds max , and then imported thoses to houdini whcih worked! but why abc isnt working , as sometimes we want abc to work with

@Renderhouse Try using the "alembic" node when importing alembic's instead of the file node.
Inside the alembic node you should have the options that DaJuice mentioned and it should solve your issue.

After you've made sure the alembics are not imported as packed alembic primitives, make sure that your viewport selection is set to primitives and you could also try to toggle the lock icon on the left side of your viewport under the arrow icon as this sometimes limits selection options.