OpenCL Exception: clEnqueueNDRangeKernel (-52).  This is probably due to incorrect number of kernel parametrs.

I'm getting this error on each iteration when I try to use a Vellum on a sphere.  I'm just trying to make a basic balloon, and am using the Vellum Configure Balloon preset from the tab menu.  Essentially following the Entagma tutorial for the initial setups then deviating once I get it inflating how I want.

At least, that is the goal.  As it stands, that error just keeps looping until my Houdini crashes when I try to simulate.  I have already choked down my cache size and have the latest nVidia drivers for my GeForce 1080.  I can't find much info online and none of them have resolutions.

Posted (edited)

Under Edit/Preferences/Miscellaneous, try switching from GPU to CPU for OpenCL.
I have the same problem, even older vellum projects no longer work.

My guess is video driver updates have altered the way Houdini perceives my GPU hardware.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

I was thinking something like that.  I'll have to try the CPU switch, thanks.  I really wish it hadn't broken because the GPU sim was just so fast.  Also, now I need to test it on the farm because it would suck if it was broken there too.