Sign in to follow this  
gangland

RBD Hold active attribute

Hello guys. 

i creating an group to activate the pieces to start to fly.

im using an sop solver in the pre-solve input to create those pieces active=1

However while move outside the region bound. it loss this attribute and simple stop.

i tried to "hold" the attribute 1 using an max function, but i didnt work.

please help me

thanks in advance.

ps: i uploading an simples setup of this 

hold_active_att.hip

set up the active attrib in sops to 0 then just update what needs to be active=1 inside the sop solver. When you are inside the sop solver that is running each timestep so you are overriding the active attrib. 

hold_active_att.hip

13 hours ago, Sepu said:

set up the active attrib in sops to 0 then just update what needs to be active=1 inside the sop solver. When you are inside the sop solver that is running each timestep so you are overriding the active attrib. 

hold_active_att.hip

wow! got it!!

thankssssss

This helped me a lot as well as a houdini newbie. But I was wondering if theres a way to control or access the fractured pieces after the sim ?

Because as soon as I try to do something to the pieces after the sim, like "merge" the simulated parts as a separate group into another Geo SOP or Blast them after the sopsolver simulation, you're back to square one, and only the parts that are inside the Bounding object are imported or blasted.

One would expect the "active" group to be accessible, but no such luck. Maybe a setting or attribute that needs to be toggled or activated ?

thanks.