How can I speed up the “Object loading” part of the render in Houdini?

Hi everybody !

I’m working on a massive destruction scene (collapsing of 4 buildings with lots of windows) which have finally more than 200k packed fragments…
You can see a preview here (the 3td test) : https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lionelalvergnas_bonjour-tous-le-monde-tout-dabord-merci-activity-6789944472420585473-s7mI

I’m in trouble with “Object loading” time of Redshift (v3.0.44), with a render time of 7m30 almost 90% of this time is used to load the objects !:o
How can I speed up this (so long…) time? I’ve already tested the RS proxy, but finally I’ve the same render time with a 2Gb file for just one frame, and I’ve 450 frames… :(

For now, I’ll use Mantra which take “only” 4min per frame, but I would prefer use Redshift because of my RTX3090 ! ^_^

If you’ve any suggestion, I’ll be happy to read that!
Thanks in advance

Bye

5 minutes ago, schwungsau said:

there is not much you can do, if you tried rs proxy already, 2GB geo / frame is a lot for GPU rendering. 

that's the downside of GPU rendering. that's why vfx industry doesn't use GPU rendering at all.

Ouch... That's a shame... :( I'm happy with the RTX3090 to manipulate the whole scene in the 3D view, but it'll better if I can use it to render ! :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Atom said:

So you exported 200,000 .rs files to the disk? That would be the workflow for proxies, right?

I don't the habit to use the .rs proxy files, I've just exported only one frame directly from the Redshift node, and when I saw a 2Gb file, I've concluded that'll be impossible for 450 frames... :blink::(