Sign in to follow this  
Fenolis

Modeling part of a vehicle

Hi, does anyone have any insight on how I would go about modeling this bit of geometry procedurally?

I've attached my attempt at creating the shape but I'm unsure of how to proceed.

image.png.1db70a032a01148c90e596e79c00dfd9.pngimage.png.1e50f5f2082c793d6b82ba412266bfe3.png

car_hood.hiplc

7 hours ago, Fenolis said:

Hi, does anyone have any insight on how I would go about modeling this bit of geometry procedurally?

I've attached my attempt at creating the shape but I'm unsure of how to proceed.

image.png.1db70a032a01148c90e596e79c00dfd9.pngimage.png.1e50f5f2082c793d6b82ba412266bfe3.png

car_hood.hiplc

piece by piece. You can use some points, add sop, resample to control the shape, sweep, group by range, group by object, extrude, bevel, bend... Possibilities are different, maybe some ramp to control the silhouette, some copy to points, shapes, booleans. All kind of stuff is possible. Just try to break it down on basic shapes (sphere, tube, box) think of deformers, patterns, mirroring. One option would be to make it from many pieces and then merge everything for the rendering. If you don't have to deform it, it can have as many pieces as you want. Mastering sops would help.