Jmg07

Flip sim collision inside a box isn't colliding

Hi,

In the attached hip file i've put a sphere in a box - the box is a vdb from polygons and the sphere is a flip object.

But the collisions don't seem to be working. I set the voxel size on the vdb to .001 and in the static object the proxy volume is set to the vdb.

A bit confused about it.

Thanks

test_vol_flip_sim.hipnc

12 hours ago, Jmg07 said:

Hi,

In the attached hip file i've put a sphere in a box - the box is a vdb from polygons and the sphere is a flip object.

But the collisions don't seem to be working. I set the voxel size on the vdb to .001 and in the static object the proxy volume is set to the vdb.

A bit confused about it.

Thanks

test_vol_flip_sim.hipnc

in static object node  turn on " Invert Sign "  bcuz ur Flip Source is inside the SDF Volume 

• Like 1

@Ultraman thanks. I still struggle with all the various checkboxes and options in Houdini - and while I watch quite a bit of tutorials on youtube, etc. still find it hard to work out what all the bits and pieces are doing - especially with volumes. so if you have any good references that'd be cool. cheers

17 minutes ago, Jmg07 said:

@Ultraman thanks. I still struggle with all the various checkboxes and options in Houdini - and while I watch quite a bit of tutorials on youtube, etc. still find it hard to work out what all the bits and pieces are doing - especially with volumes. so if you have any good references that'd be cool. cheers

Fallow Applied Houdini Video Tutorials is a Great Course for learning 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1