Sign in to follow this  
nemsi

How to stop rotating with fade

Hi guys,

i'm stuck on this stuf.. I would like to stop instance from rotating (with fade) with attribute transfer.

Any help would be appreciate.

N.

Orient_fading.hip

I think you need to use a solver. Currently rotations does not accumulate. Angle is an absolute value.
When @progressive decreases, the motion reverses and the rotation returns to zero. Probably what is causing the "crazy rotations".
Also the rotation value is very high. almost one turn per frame for some points.
But I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.
Here is still a modified file with rotation stopping smoothly, but probably not what you want. At least the problem is more obvious.

Orient_fading.hip

Edited by flcc

Hi Flcc,

thank you for taking time with my problem. Dealing with rotation in houdini is really headek!! It needs more tweeking/work to get something soft I agree. Your exemple seems to be the same as mine no? I can get the difference..

Yes it's slightly the same, just the problem is more visible.
But depending on what you are trying to achieve, I'm not sure you're on the right track.

So many way to make things in houdini.

Hi Flcc,

what i'm looking for is to get roating instances that get stopped smoothly in an area zone. I guess attribute transfer was the best start to get the area zone. The main problem is to interact with a rotating instance to make it slow till it stop when in the area..

many way to do it i guess but i cant get the right one :)

Thank you.