Atom

Tutorial HIP Library

I completed the particle energy shockwave tutorial. It's more of an energy shield rather than a shockwave. I have set it up to render with Karma, but XPU can't handle 100,000 particles-per-emission without crashing. The GIF shows 10,000. The tutorial author uses Mantra, which can handle more points. Another option might be to rasterize the particles and render it as a volume.

particle_shield.gif

ap_kr_particle_energy_shockwave_090622.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, Atom said:

I completed the particle energy shockwave tutorial. It's more of an energy shield rather than a shockwave. I have set it up to render with Karma, but XPU can't handle 100,000 particles-per-emission without crashing. The GIF shows 10,000. The tutorial author uses Mantra, which can handle more points. Another option might be to rasterize the particles and render it as a volume.

particle_shield.gif

ap_kr_particle_energy_shockwave_090622.hiplc

Can you also share the name of the author and the tutorial name? I'd like to check it out as well cuz it looks great!

I rebuilt the flip pump velocity guide boat wake setup found at this link. This HIP works with the new flip solver workflow and a basic whitewater setup.

flip_ww.gif

ap_flip_velocity_pump_100322.hiplc

Edited by Atom
Revised HIP File To Include White Water
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2