Atom

Tutorial HIP Library

If you've worked through a tutorial and want to share your HIP file with the community, post it here!

I completed one where Mikael Pettersen demonstrates how to create a Blendshape crowd agent. 

ap_mp_blendshape_crowd_character_052120.hiplc

mp_crowd_agent.gif

Edited by Atom
  • Like 9

I completed an asteroid generator tutorial. This one has my modified way of restoring UVs after modeling. Hires and LoRes output options are available. Two modeling operations are performed, the VDB method, which destroys UVs, and the mesh boolean operation which preserves them. After converting the VDB back to polygons and polyreducing, the UVs from the boolean mesh are transferred to the resulting surfaces.

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_asteroid_generator_121821.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just worked through the fake inflate/squeeze tutorial. It's not as robust as a vellum solution, but if you just need a still, this modeling technique might work for you.

fake_inflate_squeeze.gif

ap_fake_inflate_squeeze_020122.hiplc

• Like 2

I worked through the suspended dust tutorial. This effect can be found in almost every streaming show.

dust.gif

ap_dust_tutorial_020722.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Thanks 2

I worked my way through Edmond's tutorial on how to allow flip droplet particles to escape their boundary. The nodes modified inside of the unlocked HDAs are marked in RED.

doplet_out_of_bounds.gif

ap_flip_droplets_escape_021622.hiplc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here is SquidBean's setup for using TOPs to export each agent as a single animated FBX. You can drag the resulting set of FBX files into Unreal. This approach avoids Alembic geometry caches, which can get quite large. It also presents a true skeleton to Unreal for internal processing.

tops_fbx_agent.gif

ap_tops_fbx_per_agent.hiplc

Edited by Atom
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I worked through the spin particles tutorial. The thumbnail looks nothing like the tutorial result. I don't understand why authors do that? This file demonstrates how to make randomly rotating particles lie flat after contact. This technique can be used with RBD debris as well.

confetti.gif

ap_tut_spin_particles.hiplc

Edited by Atom