papsphilip

Bake texture ROP different resolution based on attribute

I have a a scene i want to bake lightmaps for, but for some assets i need the resolution of the bake to be higher or lower based on a primitive attribute. Also i need the name primitive attribute to appear on the final jpg file.

i have already put together a small test scene using tops but its too slow and a bit of a hacky setup. i am sure there must be a better way.

I also made a simple bake setup without PDG to compare the render time and even if i have only one wedge, setting the resolution to 256 for all UDIMS, so only one final workitem that gets sent to the bake texture rop, the cook time is 3 times slower than if i just did a simple bake texture without using PDG and just setting the bake texture resolution to 256. Which i find weird

Any ideas?

baketextures.hip

Here is an updated version. I think the way i iterate through the different resolutions is ok as a workflow, if anyone knows a better way i would be very interested.

But i still haven't found a way to use the primitive name attribute for the bake texture filenames. How would i do that?

baketextures.hip