Jesper Rahlff

Delete Vellum Particles with constraints

Hey Guys.

I was wondering if there is a way to delete particles in a Vellum simulations when they have had constraints?

The scenario I have setup the particles have constraints, then I remove the  constraints based on a condition, and when I try to remove the particle as well it craps out on me.

Attached is a simple example file to showcase the issue.DeleteVellumParticlesWithConstraints.hiplc

Thanks

Keep in mind the points are all part of the same patchname, though - vellum doesn't like it when you try and alter geometry components for the same patchname on the fly, so it's wiping out the whole patch/sphere instead of just those specific points where P.y < 0.  This has tripped more than a few people up, myself included. 

I haven't seen an indication in discussions that you can for this particular issue aside from separating/culling by patchname;  However, if you haven't already, it's worth posting this issue over on the SideFX forums to see if one of their engineers can offer any solutions (and maybe H19 has provided a way forward for this particular sticking point)