Jump to content
papsphilip

Add to group and track age

Recommended Posts

i have an initial selection of primitives that i append to over time. How can i track the birth and age of the newly added primitives in the group?

i m stuck in the birth-age problem, but i have managed to isolate the newly added prims to the existing group.

 

 

Capture.JPG

add_to_group_and_track_age.hip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, papsphilip said:

i have an initial selection of primitives that i append to over time. How can i track the birth and age of the newly added primitives in the group?

i m stuck in the birth-age problem, but i have managed to isolate the newly added prims to the existing group.

Hi,

look at the attached file

 

add_to_group_and_track_age_01.hipnc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it works like a charm thank you!! The birth attribute is not quite right for some reason. i was expecting an integer for each prim that doesn't change over time

Also how can i extrude or transform those newly created pieces, while deleting their previous non deformed/transformed state?

is it doable in the same solver?because i ve been at it for some hours with no luck although it seems straightforward

 

(sorry the second file is my hacky way)

 

add_to_group_and_track_age.hip

add_to_group_and_track_age.hip

Edited by papsphilip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, papsphilip said:

i was expecting an integer for each prim that doesn't change over time

It does not change and you can easily transform float type to integer

11 hours ago, papsphilip said:

Also how can i extrude or transform those newly created pieces, while deleting their previous non deformed/transformed state?

is it doable in the same solver?

it is not necessary to use solver sop for this

add_to_group_and_track_age_02.hipnc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

It does not change and you can easily transform float type to integer

my bad, it was really late when i checked the file. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×