ofer

Writing Custom Source Pops

Hi! I bumped into a problematic scenario with POPs. I have a POP network with particles emmited from a geometry object. The geometry is dynamic and a new point is added to it every once in a while. I want to birth one particle per point, but I have no way to know when a new point it added.

So, I can't write a correct expression in the "Impulse Activate" parameter of the source POP. This way I can't control the number of particles birhed in my sim.

I tried using VOPs to create a custom source POP, but I don't think it is possible. Maybe I should use the HDK? Maybe there is a better solution?

In the Impulse Birth Rate field, you can use $NPT which is the total number of points of the source geometry. No custom POP needed, unless I'm mistaking what you're looking for.

Cheers!

steven

Damn! You are right! I tried npoints("."), which doesn't work, and I forgot $NPT. I'll try that.

You can't use VOPs to create a custom source pop. VEX cannot create new points, only modify existing ones, you'll need to use the HDK for that :).

Cheers

Marc