B.Walters

Adding Scripts To Rmb Click-menu

Does anybody know how I can add my own script to the menu you get when you right-click a node?

I've seen it done before... I just haven't been able to figure out how.

Look for this file

$HOUDINI_PATH/houdini/OPmenu

Does anybody know how I can add my own script to the menu you get when you right-click a node?

I've seen it done before... I just haven't been able to figure out how.

Just as I was coming back to post "Nevermind, I found it!"...

But thanks Adam!

jsut a quick questionk, is it possible to link to a python script instead of a cmd. I tried, but without success

jsut a quick questionk, is it possible to link to a python script instead of a cmd. I tried, but without success

No. sadly thats not possible currently. cmd that calls your python is the only way for now.

It is possible to use a Python script from OPmenu with a little trickery. The following is an example for performing an action on a digital asset from a class I taught at SESI LA over the summer. The hscript file it calls just executes a python -c call that imports and reloads a module, then calls a function from it passing in the node path.

OPmenu entry:

'Expr: execute("otgetotl -b $opmenu_optype")' debugOTL "Debug OTL" debug.hsc

debus.hsc:

set script = $arg0

set node = $arg1

python -c "import opmenu_wrapper; reload(opmenu_wrapper); opmenu_wrapper.debug('$node');"

Hopefully one day OPmenu will be replaced by an easy to use xml system just like the main menus and parameter versions.

Edited by graham

I used a wrapper like Graham describes that pops up a small hou.ui.selectFromList.

The wrapper collected various python scripts depending on the node type via a simple plugin system.