Jason

Using Soho: Indigo Renderer Support

Fix for exponent maps

OLD - line 601

---> "exponent_map_exponent" : SohoParm("exponent_map_uvset", "string", ["uv"], False),

FIX

---> "exponent_map_exponent" : SohoParm("exponent_map_exponent", "real", [1], False),

Awesome, chaps. I'll roll them into the next version. I almost completed a version which does archiving - close:)

Updated to v0.6: Indigo v0.6 on the Exchange

0.6 - 28 April 2008,

- Added Archiving capability using Indigo "<include>". If you add "Archive Mode" and "Archive File" rendering parameters on you Object,

-- then you can choose to write out the geometry to an external igs file in a location of your choosing. Currently

-- it will only archive geometry and not materials (however, feel free to access hand-modified archives).

-- If you're using Indigo4Houdini archives you must current have the shader in your scene for the mesh to access.

-- This will be improved later to support writing materials into archives. You may also read archives generated from

-- other export software. Options are "No Archive (embed geometry), Write Archive, Read Archive"

- Added "Save Indigo Image (.igi) file". (Kuba!)

- Fixed exponent_map parameter. (vmuriel!)

- Fixed the sunlight direction to be correct - the z-direction was flipped beforehand and now it seems right.

I took recently closer look at the indigo.ds parameters file. Could some explain me please what the bottom section of the file is for?

This couple of lines of the following code. What do the do? Are they for

/*
 *  Define parameter lists
 */

parm {
		name	default_output
		label	"Default Output"
		parmtag	{ spare_category "__spare_parmlist" }
		parmtag	{ spare_parmlist "override_resolution i_super_sample_factor i_image_save_period i_picture i_halt_time i_samples_per_pixel i_pixel_filter i_bidirectional i_auto_choose_num_threads i_num_threads " }
	}

Does that section set parameters which are automatically placed and visible in the newly created rop by default? At the moment it does nothing to me, or I miss something.

Thank you

kuba

Sorry, I've been (and still am for a couple more weeks) totally snowed under at work.

I see that Indigo has had a few improvements happen to it in recent weeks. Is anyone hankering for an update for the exporter?

Sorry, I've been (and still am for a couple more weeks) totally snowed under at work.

It's natural.

I see that Indigo has had a few improvements happen to it in recent weeks. Is anyone hankering for an update for the exporter?

Oh yes, the new updates are very interesting:

Displacement

http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/forum...opic.php?t=4214

Material files

http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/index...&Itemid=107

and a large etc ...

I want make some updates for help you in that exporter, but I am very busy in this weeks too.

was looking at indigo 3 today on macosx.

was there ever any more development on Houdigo?

:)

the SSS and refractions in indigo just look amazing...

Bump. I'd be curious about this as well. What are peoples impressions of it as a renderer, particularly for the hobbyist?

FYI, actual link for the Houdini Exchange: www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fileid=509

@Jason

I would like to help and to try to make this plugin work with recent Houdini and Indigo versions. Is that possible?