Free Chops Intro Class

andrewlowell

That might be true but when I was there, there were definitely more signs of intelligent life present than most of the LA mutants. Please, everyone request that SESI fly me to Europe to teach CHOPs classes!! (ha ha I wish)

Europe? The official version is that we don
Edited by andrewlowell

Thanks! Glad it is helpful.

I'm planning on teaching a few introductory classes and refining and condensing the lessons and delivery into a form thats doable in a few video tutorials. If I tried to put all that stuff into video tutorials right now it would be a production ... better suited for a class :)

I've got a few more video tutorials already planned though, just have more important things on the to-do list right now

- Spatial Audio in CHOPs

- Audio and MIDI input / output / playback in Houdini

- Stereoscopic imaging in COPs

Hey Andrew,

I've watched your chops tutorial today.

the one on SideFX's page.

Great Stuff mate. :thumbsup:

- Are you planning to record more video tutorials about CHOPs ??

- Filming the Lecture might also do the job :P :P

cheers.

selcuk

I've got a few more video tutorials already planned though, just have more important things on the to-do list right now

- Spatial Audio in CHOPs

- Audio and MIDI input / output / playback in Houdini

- Stereoscopic imaging in COPs

cool..

It's great to hear that more CHOPs tutorials. coming soon. :)

cheers.

Please, everyone request that SESI fly me to Europe to teach CHOPs classes!! (ha ha I wish)

How about Egypt ?.. is there a chance if I ask SESI ?.. whatever they want.. a camel.. 2 camels ?.. 3 ?.. I'll pay :D

if I tried to put all that stuff into video tutorials right now it would be a production ... better suited for a class

Well then, I'm suggesting you consider a full DVD.. that would be awesome !

Anyways, Thanks a lot for the video tutorials, can't wait for the new ones !

How about Egypt ?.. is there a chance if I ask SESI ?.. whatever they want.. a camel.. 2 camels ?.. 3 ?.. I'll pay :D

Well then, I'm suggesting you consider a full DVD.. that would be awesome !

Anyways, Thanks a lot for the video tutorials, can't wait for the new ones !

How many humps are on the camels? ...

Just kidding, anyway .. I've got a book that will be out in download form very shortly. It's being reviewed right now so whenever that's done. It's 230 pages almost all about CHOPs, I'm pricing it around $30. Here's a demo.

http://www.andrew-lowell-productions.com/a...s_book_demo.mov

I've got a book that will be out in download form very shortly. It's being reviewed right now so whenever that's done. It's 230 pages almost all about CHOPs, I'm pricing it around $30. Here's a demo.

wouw man, the topics sounds amazing.

It looks like it's gonna be a great CHOPs learning material.

awesome.. :)

:thumbsup:

How many humps are on the camels? ...

Just kidding, anyway .. I've got a book that will be out in download form very shortly. It's being reviewed right now so whenever that's done. It's 230 pages almost all about CHOPs, I'm pricing it around $30. Here's a demo.

That is awesome man!

It's the first time I see such a complex exploration of CHOPs, I've been waiting for that sort of material for ages!

Cheers

kuba

PS. What payment method do you accept? Paypal?

Andrew's book opens up a great deal that is capable with CHOPs.

Houdini's audio processing is terrific. Right up there with pro wave editing and synth tools. The only hitch is you have to build it all yourself. Andrew has taken this part quite far.

I always wondered about this: Animator as sound editor, foley artist and more! Houdini as we normally use it is enough to screw the head of senior mgt on backwards. Imagine if Houdini artists started doing all the sound as well. And with better quality! And help drive the Animation! Oh my...