Sign in to follow this  
maharzan

Ati X1950 And Houdini

I have a X1950 ATI Sapphire GFX card 512MB and it seems pretty slow with Houdini.

Does anyone know about how we can speed things up or have optimal settings so it works smoothly with Houdini?

The latest drivers didn't work in Houdini. There were error in the network pane as it tries to write a smaller window in that pane.

Thanks for your help..

I have the same card. in XP (32 bit, not sure about 64) houdini does the thing you mentioned. if you search the sidefx.com forums for 'ATI' you will see a thread and it says which version to revert to.. the version from about mid-2007 works well for houdini (not so great for newer games :rolleyes:)

for me it worked perfectly in vista with latest ATI drivers.. i thought yay problem solved... but then next time i tried it houdini wouldnt run grrr. i hope to solve that still.

reverting to the older ATI drivers or dual booting to linux (not suse 10.3) is all i can suggest.

Edited by mark

Yup, I did revert to an older version which fixed the UI problem. I was wondering if there were other methods to speed things up with houdini..