RFE: Extend the Network BG Image idea..

Jason

Went HOUPLA last night, and was happy to have Jeff Lait run through some nice demonstrations of the new 6.0 features. Thank you SESI.

Looking at the background image in the Network view which Jeff demo'd last night, I believe it'd be really important to be able to choose a seperate image for each network. Having multiple types of characters in a scene, it makes no sense just to have one bg image. It would end up being used just as a "skin" ultimately, if it's not context-sensitive. Also, I don't see scaling/offsetting controls for the image. It would be great to have a simple 2d transform on the bg image we can mess with (rotations too).

Do other people agree?

Thanks,

Jason.

PS. Posted here because SESI feedback forum is down.

It up, but no posting:

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '3460' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig) VALUES (832, 11, 144, '', 1048275404, 'c6d3580b', 1, 0, 1, 0)

Line : 269

File : /usr/html-docs/forum/includes/functions_post.php

doh the above post was me.

and the context sensitive network bg image is a great idea and has been submitted a day or two ago i believe.

the x,y scale/transform for the same might be a new twist. a good idea too. count on it being sent on if it hasn't been already.

will

:)

more evidence for the 'drunk guy wandering in and yelling stuff' theory...lol

speaking of evidence...about an hour ago I head over to the local gas station to get some Cool Nestea, because it cools you to the core, and walked in on a robbery!...yada yada yada...people are so stupid.

bah...it was nothing...

I'd like to say that I sprang into action and saved the day....

instead of wandering over to the fridge thing and getting some ice tea :rolleyes:

the robber (who looked a bit like Frank Zappa) wasn't armed IAFIK...he just grabbed the cash and a bunch of packs of smokes and headed out the door when he saw me come in...I'm just thankful that a) no one was hurt and b ) that I didn't actually hold the door for him :lol:

the clerk looked a bit like this : :blink: ...understandable...