Bridge Collapse

MIguel P

Hey Miguel really well done.

here are my thoughts:

All the dust and the way it cracks it gives the impression though that the bridge is made out of stone instead of metal...

Maybe that was your intention though.

If the cables are snapping they would also wind back releasing tensions instead of just dropping.

But in such a short time its a hell of an achievement!!!

Take care.

Very nice indeed. However I agree with the camera shake being a little off. I would expect the camera shake to be smaller movements, but much quicker. If you look at the speed the bridge is collapsing, the camera shake doesnt reflect that speed, its too slow imo.

Still really great work miguel. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, Miguel ...

truthly speaking i am very interested in particles-splashes behaviour. :huh:

How did you get so random look of the splashes???

How do they react on falling piece of the bridge? :blink:

which geometry did you use to emit the particles and where did you put it ?

How did you use cookie to emit splashes???

In which way work N and V to drive the particles ??? Did you transfer the v attr from falling parts of the bridge to the particles and than reverse it ??? If so, how the expression looks like and where i have to put it ? :blink:

A have the idea about some similar project right now, so do a little research in this way.

Please, spill the light on some of your secrets... Tell some more detail about technical part of the project.

Thank you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Mlguel for having things out ...

Please one more question ..

How can i setup some high amplitude noise just the first frames of life ? :huh: It sounds like some expressions can be used .. but they are my weakest part :(:(

Thank you Mlguel for having things out ...

Please one more question ..

How can i setup some high amplitude noise just the first frames of life ? :huh: It sounds like some expressions can be used .. but they are my weakest part :(:(

Let the noise affect only to a group that uses $AGE to include the particles you want.

• 8 months later...

Hello MIguel,

Great work and Thank You for sharing!

Quick question you had made mention of the concrete and rebar previously - in your bridge collapse did you have a physical way you took care of this based on the properties of the true materials or did you take more the artistic approach. Thank You...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Nice work Miguel! And good to see you make a post again :).

So I guess after your time in Canada at Sidefx you are sticking to London for a while?
Considering some of the big houses like MPC are picking up houdini more as well it is a good time to be there.