mihai architect

extrude offset problem

Hi ! Is there anyway to extrude with an even distance from every contour edge. The picture below shows the actual problem I have. Those distances are not even as I want them. I want a equal b and x equal y. Thank you !

post-3724-1222943432_thumb.jpg

Hi ! Is there anyway to extrude with an even distance from every contour edge. The picture below shows the actual problem I have. Those distances are not even as I want them. I want a equal b and x equal y. Thank you !

the starburstSOP seems to do this

In Maya I can create the following set of expressions:

pPlane2.scaleX=pPlane1.scaleX-2*slider.translateX;

pPlane2.scaleZ=pPlane1.scaleZ-2*slider.translateX;

//

A=a-2x

B=b-2x

//

where the slider's tx value represents the "inset". In Houdini if I try to create the same relationships in sops using channel referencing, the inset does not work. Why is that?

post-914-1230231435_thumb.jpg

In Maya I can create the following set of expressions:

pPlane2.scaleX=pPlane1.scaleX-2*slider.translateX;

pPlane2.scaleZ=pPlane1.scaleZ-2*slider.translateX;

//

A=a-2x

B=b-2x

//

where the slider's tx value represents the "inset". In Houdini if I try to create the same relationships in sops using channel referencing, the inset does not work. Why is that?

Well, I figured it all out. It was a simple math problem. In Maya the expression evaluates without needing to divide by the scale. In Houdini you need to divide by "a" and "b" respectively. Check out the attached file for the corrected fix. Note that this inset works only within limits of the grid size. If you try to inset beyond the size of the grid you will get non-matching geometry.

inset_new_02.hipnc