Sign in to follow this  
sleepyboy

Segmentation Fault.........

hi

does anyone know what causes "Segmentation Fault"??

i sometime encounter this error when saving file or switching between operators, esp to COPs.....will be prompt when COPs trying to re-cook the image.

is it bec of my setting or hardware?? anyone of u also got this problem also??

thanx! :)

You're better off posting this on the Side Effects forum, so they can fix the bug, if it's a bug. It could be your graphics card though, if it's got old drivers or is unsupported. COPs2 is kind of unstable right now though, which is a separate issue...

That's the error message I get every time my Houdini crashes - for various reasons (I don't even use COPs). I guess it's a bug...

If you are on support, best to send an example file or a description of the repeatable problem on to support. If this is apprentice, then send it to the apprentice forum.

A segmentation fault is also known as a core or core dump. This is generally caused by uninitialized or garbage memory that is created and/or used by Houdini or other applications. Generally if houdini seg faults, it is houdini's fault. If you get a blue screen of death, that is generally an OS Windows problem (graphics drivers like to do this).

i solve the problem by changing my opengl setting for my display card......

as my option for "multi-display hardware acceleration" has set wrongly.

so far didn't get any error, when i re-cook inside COPs :)

thanx guys!!

bec i am using multi-display, and previously the setting was set to "single-display mode" which cos the problem, now set to "multi-display compatibility mode" and the problem gone.