Sign in to follow this  
chumbuk

feathers

This fur. Skin, guides, attributes etc, look at the project. I am a Fur geometric, if there are many of them you will need to use a procedural. I am testing scenes with a large number of feathers (over 5000) is very slow and unstable. Interesting to know if anyone made completely bird with feathers

feather2.hip

post-4458-1234698181_thumb.jpg

thanks

Hi guys,

This looks really interesting . do you mind uploading the rest of the scene material

feather_stvol_tex2.tif

feather_stvol_tex1.tif

feather_tex1.tif

the dirt is really nice good job.

It would be really nice to see the full image in the local machine here.

That is if you have time, and don't mind

mangic

This fur. Skin, guides, attributes etc, look at the project. I am a Fur geometric, if there are many of them you will need to use a procedural. I am testing scenes with a large number of feathers (over 5000) is very slow and unstable. Interesting to know if anyone made completely bird with feathers

jop, that's a complete bird with feathers.

monster stork

done in Houdini but rendered with Prman

jop, that's a complete bird with feathers.

monster stork

done in Houdini but rendered with Prman

Interesting work. I have no doubt that this is possible, as well as seen some very beautiful examples. But the work of commercial parts and technology undisclosed details. I know how to make the issue and how to optimize the best approach. Interesting to learn a different approach, not using the Fur.

For example geometry shaders, rib arhives etc

tomangi.rar

Interesting work. I have no doubt that this is possible, as well as seen some very beautiful examples. But the work of commercial parts and technology undisclosed details. I know how to make the issue and how to optimize the best approach. Interesting to learn a different approach, not using the Fur.

For example geometry shaders, rib arhives etc

Thank's chumbuk for the images

mangic

Feathered in Houdini that come to mind:

- pigeons in "The Wild" (CORE)

- pigeons in "Valiant" (Vanguard)

- pigeons in FedEx commercial (Framestore NY)

- stork in Monster "Stork" (Framestore)

- phoenix in "Order of the Phoenix"

The first feathers I remember were those on the owl that was in Labyrinth 1986. Bill Kroyer at Digital Productions gave a SIGGRAPH talk on that.

in my experience birds, and feathers in particular, are among the hardest things to get right...it's very unlikely you'll find a solution that will fit every situation...

break whatever you're doing down into different parts (body feathers, wing feathers a- at rest, b- in flight etc) and for specific shots...

HTH

the birds on the wild were a PIA...

In all situations there is no solutions, even in theoretical physics, there is only beneficial in certain models in certain limits, and requirements for CG grow at such a speed that seek such a solution "for all instances of" unwarranted. All just a situation. In CG is especially true. I think so ...