Rock Hard

Macha

• 1 year later...

Hello Macha, I cant send you PM because theres some problem. So I thing that Ill be speak for lot of people here on this forum, please, could you post some scene of some stone (could be little bit complicated to see you different modeling techniques). I started to learning PBR and I would love to see your setup, your materials, lighting and render times for good quality. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Yes I am posting on the thread to keep it alive.

Macha - looks like some of your handy work has made it into a blog post on the Creators Project as inspiration for Feild's Energy Flow app:

http://thecreatorsproject.com/blog/fields-ienergy-flowi-the-sheer-physical-force-of-gravity

Pity there is no attribution!

If you made a quick tutorial on how you made even one of these rocks we would all be in your debt!

Oho! My rock!

Yeah, I see that occasionally people ask me for tutorials or hips. But until I have secured a stable job I'm always hesitant to dish out complete projects although I am very happy to help out with particular problems. Maybe one day I can revisit the rocks in a more serious way and make a consistent and thought through tutorial about it.

Edited by Macha

• 9 months later...

Oho! My rock!

Yeah, I see that occasionally people ask me for tutorials or hips. But until I have secured a stable job I'm always hesitant to dish out complete projects although I am very happy to help out with particular problems. Maybe one day I can revisit the rocks in a more serious way and make a consistent and thought through tutorial about it.

That would be great...waiting for this man!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is really awesome. I was just poking around on the internet looking for procedural rock techniques for a job I'm on, found this thread. Way beyond my requirements, but nonetheless you should definitely do a CMI tutorial or something. I love learning different peoples techniques and I would buy it in a heartbeat!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello and high five for the amazing topic!

Any help would really be appreciated on how to reproduce this kind of rock.

I tried some worley + turbnoise on a subdivided grid with no luck...

Do you have any ideas ? 

Thanks a lot !

island_minerals.jpg

• 11 months later...