Structure, Form and Stuff

0rr

I am glad you guys like em :)

Very nice looking work. You don't see a lot of these fine art type images in Houdini and it is probably the best at it.

I'm curious what your rendering and composting process is like if you don't mind me asking.

All the modelling is done in houdini. rendering is done in Vray scine I am not yet comfortable with mantra. That's also the major reason I post those images here and not in the gallerysection. There's also a possibilty do render objsequences in Vray so animations are also possible.

I am mostly using lsystems and pops. Add sop, polywire, skin and sweep all work very nice. Just playing around and see what comes up. It's really just experimenting. Exporting attributemaps with mantra to vray for texturing should also work well. Houdini, due to it's procedural nature, makes it quite easy doing variations of one artwork which is kinda cool.

The last ones are velocity fields from dops.

well.... actually i dont know how the original poster achieved that kind of modeling of these images, but this post pulls me to learn houdini until i know how to do that kind of modeling and beyond... i will not rest of learning houdini until i know how to do that kind of stuff like those images...

so, im moving from maya to houdini for some time... and i swear that will not stop of learning houdini until i learn how to do that kind of stuff...

by the way... im guesing is some phyton function with some fractal pattern much like the mandelbot fractal, or something of that kind.

Edited by dyei nightmare

• 5 weeks later...