Couple unsolved mysteries

Guest Swann

Guest Swann

Hi,

1. Some time ago I made extended version of fuseSOP. When I invoke tool it happens that it asks twice for points to select. Both times it gives help messages but only second is my scripted message. I don't know from where first comes. I'v looked in all places in the tool but could not find error. And as I said, it does't ask always twice. Attached otl.

2. There is attached xxx.bgeo file. I can't delete points in it by hitting del.

I'v also made simple scene right now that contains sphere ans scattered point on it and I can't delete this points also with del key. All I get is error message(attached file DelError.jpg). Tryed this in three build and always get the same. Maybe I just broke something in those py files by accident when I was viewing them ?

3. Again points :). This time when I create polygon with small tool for making polygons that use similar function for aquirng points like extendedFuse and the puts them into addSOP, when I try to make polygon from free floating points I get message that nothing was selected most of the time. It's the same message that informs user that he doesn't selected anything in the script. It happens only with free points. Points that are connected with polygons works ok.

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

extended_fuse.otl

xxx.rar

post-3552-127388176501_thumb.jpg

Your first problem is caused by the fact that the default tool of the asset is prompting you to select geometry. Then your own OnCreated section causes another selection prompt. If you get rid of your own script and let the default tool handle it you should get no problems. Since the SOP isn't a generator, it invokes the generic filter sop too. This asks for a selection and stuffs the result into the group parm. You don't need to do it yourself.

For the last two, it does seem that selectors indeed have issues with selecting points that aren't associated with primitives. I'll ask around and see about it.

Guest Swann

For the last two, it does seem that selectors indeed have issues with selecting points that aren't associated with primitives.  I'll ask around and see about it.

Any news on this ?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Swann

1. Got confirmation from support that this (point selectors) is a known bug and it's on to do list.

2. Another error case ID# 40207 that is submitted is for crease. Mirrored geometry with crease applied looks differenr than original.

crease_775.jpg

crease2_516.jpg