Noise Displacement

meowviin

I tried looking for post on Noise Displacement but most are not really related to my problem.

I have a piece of rock that is traveling on a path object and with a ROLL value controlled by the frame.

The piece of rock is textured with a normal mantra surface and displacement is activated with noise controlling the displacement. My Displacement is actually moving on the rock when it is rolling. How can i "locked" down the displacement in place or "fixed" on its position and does not move at all.

Thanks in advance! =D

Try rest position sop and vex (in the shader context).

Or, transform your P position to world coordinates for the displacement (in the shader)

If you do a search, there should be examples about this on the forum.

Edited by Macha

do i actually put a rest position in the vex builder and connect it to displacenml1 - position? and set the rest position - position to world?? =D loL.

Please have a look in this file. Note the red node in the shader as well.

It depends a bit on your setup. In this example the displacement is from a noise that takes its values from (world) P positions. Thats why it does create that swimming displacement effect. And that is why we need to correct for transform space.

disp.hip