POPs mixed with VOPs...

fixxorion

Hi!

After all the help from you guys and actually testing it out some more, I was finally able to create a POP VOP and actually use it to create a parameter which I increment on every pass through the VOP to control the Y position of each particle. Also, this parameter can now be used outside of the actual VOP network. It's all working quite well, but I was just wondering if I'm doing it efficiently or if there's a better way. If someone could look at the attached file and see if it is, that'd be great! Thanks in advance...

fixxorion

VOPsTest.hipnc

That is exactly how you do it. You found out that you need to copy-paste the parameter VOP and don't touch the paste in order to first define the attribute then write to it. Using the Attribute POP to create the signature for the variable so that it can be used directly in the Force POP is another big thing.

Very good textbook example of recycling an attribute through POPs. VOPs are much more efficient at doing this than using the attribute POP and doing the math in there. The bonus is that vex is multi-threaded so if you have multiple processors, then you use some of the second processor.

I generally hack away with attribute SOPs and POPs to get things to work then streamline with a VOP or two. If I have to create a bunch of attributes, then I go straight to VOPs and skip attribute operators.