VopSops causing Dops to fail?

ikarus

i have a basic scene where a ball hits a plane, the ball is merged into the plane sop and through an attribute transfer causes a displacement within a VOPSOP, this works fine. until i bring the plane (its extruded pre-attribute transfer for volume) into the DOP simulation. If i make the ground an RBD object (with or without deforming geometry) , i get an error within the object before anything happens.

it gives me an error related to the ODE configuration, even though i dont have ODE enabled...

attached the scene with the problem, if anyone has an answer it would be appreciated

i have a basic scene where a ball hits a plane, the ball is merged into the plane sop and through an attribute transfer causes a displacement within a VOPSOP, this works fine. until i bring the plane (its extruded pre-attribute transfer for volume) into the DOP simulation. If i make the ground an RBD object (with or without deforming geometry) , i get an error within the object before anything happens.

it gives me an error related to the ODE configuration, even though i dont have ODE enabled...

attached the scene with the problem, if anyone has an answer it would be appreciated

Looked at the file. The ODE configuration error was a issue with an earlier release of Houdini I believe. What version are you using right now?

I took a look at the file and got the same error. I saw that you had two dop imports on the grid object though. So I simply just remade the gridobject1 node by using the shelf. After that, everything seemed to work to me. I don't know what you are after with this sort of setup but just so you know the deformations from the VOP SOP are not going to stick after the ball hits gridobject1. I am attaching the file that is working with me and I am using Houdini 10.0.465.

Good luck!

-Ryan

vopsops_anddops_fix.hip