Multi UV Sets to Maya

Annon

Hey all,

I need to output some geometry with two UV sets that can be picked up by Maya.

I've tried the layer node, but can't seem to get Maya to pick up the different sets. Anyone done this before, or have any idea how to do it?

Thanks

Christian

Or a little bit more of a complex situation. How about transfering a pattern created at SHOP level from one uv set to another? So the pattern will look the same on the geo, but the texture in UV space will be warped differently etc.

That would be the ideal situation.

• 4 years later...

I was really hoping there was more discussion here.  I've output geometry with a second UV set attached as a vertex attribute (uv2) and though it doesn't show up as a second UV set in Maya it does appear to show up under "Extra Attributes".  In Houdini it would be trivial to shuffle "uv2" into UV or reference it in a material.  In the Hypershade it looks like you should be able to pipe an alternate attribute into the UV parameter of the texture placement node but our Maya guy hasn't figured out how to access "Extra Attributes" with any node in the Hypershade to do so, and I know too little of Maya's workings to be of much help.

I was kinda hoping more folks would have had cause to export geometry with multiple UV sets to Maya.