How to slow my FLIP fluids down?

Hey there everyone, I'me relatively new to Houdini, but I've been trying to create a river that I can have an animated quadruped erupt out of. However I can't get my particles to slow down. They rush through my river bed and look far too destructive. Does anyone have a simple fix for this, I'm sure there is one and I've just missed it. Thanks.  

Increase Smoothing parameter under Volume Motion tab. Decrease collision bounce and Velocity Scale. Increasing Surface Extrapolation might help too.

Changing these parameter will create less splash and Velocity Scale will help in shooting.

Yes.Changing the timescale will look like slo-mo. The only problem is that it will affect the look of your simulation. So if you have a quick one that you like, you cannot just change the timescale and expect the same result but slower.

Another option, if you can change it in advance is to alter the frames per second of your scene. I like this as it´s similar to recording with a high-speed camera.

Pradeep mentioned some parameters that can also help in achieving a smoother-looking sim.

If you already simulated but want to change it to slo-motion then you´re going into the the very "thorny" topic of retiming simulations. For that be sure not to re-seed particles during your simulation and then you can use your time blend and time shift tools on a cached sim to change the pace of your particles. 

Increase Smoothing parameter under Volume Motion tab. Decrease collision bounce and Velocity Scale. Increasing Surface Extrapolation might help too.

Changing these parameter will create less splash and Velocity Scale will help in shooting.

Hmm, after trying to alter these parameters, I got little to no change in the speed of my river.

Yes.Changing the timescale will look like slo-mo. The only problem is that it will affect the look of your simulation. So if you have a quick one that you like, you cannot just change the timescale and expect the same result but slower.

Another option, if you can change it in advance is to alter the frames per second of your scene. I like this as it´s similar to recording with a high-speed camera.

Pradeep mentioned some parameters that can also help in achieving a smoother-looking sim.

If you already simulated but want to change it to slo-motion then you´re going into the the very "thorny" topic of retiming simulations. For that be sure not to re-seed particles during your simulation and then you can use your time blend and time shift tools on a cached sim to change the pace of your particles. 

I don't won't to play with the speed of the simulation as I plan on having an animated object erupt out of it once I get the speed of the river sorted, I don't want to mess with the look of the breach.