About compiling HDK with CUDA libraries

rolldice

Hi, everybody

I'm trying to use CUDA libararies when compiling my custom SOP node.

But, I can't because it's really hard to compile it. I succeeded to make a library that includes some CUDA functions. And I tried to attach that library when compiling my custom Houdini SOP node. The compile command is like below :

hcustom -l simpleMultiCopy.lib TestSopNode.cpp

And I got a error message like below :

Making 'TestSopNode.o' and 'C:/Users/user/Documents/houdini14.0/dso\TestSopNode.dll' from 'TestSopNode.cpp'
TestSopNode.cpp
C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/toolkit/include\boost/format/alt_sstream_impl.hpp : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (949). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss
   Creating library TestSopNode.lib and object TestSopNode.exp
TestSopNode.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl simpleMultiCopy(void)" (?simpleMultiCopy@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual enum UT_ErrorSeverity __cdecl TestSopNode::cookMySop(class OP_Context&)" (?cookMySop@TestSopNode@@MEAA?AW4UT_ErrorSeverity@@AEAVOP_Context@@@Z)
C:/Users/user/Documents/houdini14.0/dso/TestSopNode.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

And below is the facts :

1. When I tested to compile normal console application with above CUDA library, no error happened

2. It's not a link error. when I compiled the same thing with wrong library name, I saw a different error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'simpleMulC.lib'

3. simpleMultiCopy.lib has the function 'void simpleMultiCopy(void)'

And my compile environment is like below :

1. OS : Windows 7

2. Visual Studio Version : Microsuft Visual Studio Express 2012

3. Houdini version : 14.0.258

How can I compile my SOP node with CUDA library? I'll really appreciate when you give some tips to me.

Thanks.

Edited by rolldice