simple color mix via pointvop

Mokiki

I have an already finished fluid sim done in realflow I'd like to manipulate in Houdini. What I want to do is a very simple color mix where the two particle systems touch each other.
I thought this would be pretty straight forward but I have a hard time grasping the correct use of the nodes used in the pointvop. I think I understand the logic I have to use: Have the points compare their positions to each other within a radius have the found points spit out a true condition which allows said points to change color via the color mix node.

The end goal would be to maybe add a third/fourth color to the mix and grow the color spread over time but since I am still struggling with the basics I'll keep that on hold for now. :P

So if somebody could give me any advice I'd really appreciate it.

*Edit* Figured the first part out. Got a basic two color mix working. Needed a much simpler setup than I was thinking of but still this way of working definitely needs some getting used to. Especially in relation to all the different data types being produced.

Edited by Mokiki