Is there a way to save to disk in background if using two file caches?

Hi there

Is there a way to save to disk in background if I'm saving my geo files via two separate file cache nodes.

Currently I merge them together and have to play the sim in order for them to save but it would be a lot better if I could save to disk in background.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel.

Pretty sure you can render to disk in background in multiple file caches. Though you'd have to set some stuff up to get them to start at the same time.

There are a few ways to achieve the desired result:

You can merge them both into one stream and group them before inputting to a file cache and save to disk in background. When you read the file you can blast the different groups into their own stream. 

Create a macro control null and reference the render to background button from each file cache to the null and you can launch them all from there. 

You can make multiple ROP output drivers in sop context and in the ROP context fetch them both, merge them and you can render them both. Save and open a new file, work in the new file while the other one cooks. 

Hope I'm understanding your question and I hope this helps!

Edited by trzanko