[SOLVED] Instantiating a subnetwork

Hi everyone,

I've got a question regarding instantiating. I read somewhere that it's possible to make an instance of a subnetwork. I thought that Output node was for that purpose, sort of flagging several possible outputs from one Geometry node. But it seems that referencing them with the "/" notation doesn't yield a result. May be you can help me to understand how it all works. Here's my 2 resulting nodes which I'm trying to instantiate separately so I'm able to reference them from the Baking node:

PhPXQtc.png

Edited by fluffy

From what I understand, node instancing is being developed and may be available in an upcoming release.  However exporting your subnet as a digital asset should work for a lot cases where you may want to instance node trees.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sierra62 said:

From what I understand, node instancing is being developed and may be available in an upcoming release.  However exporting your subnet as a digital asset should work for a lot cases where you may want to instance node trees.

I just tried that, it really works!

There's a bunch of file formats, which one would be universal if I just want to save/load within Houdini?