Grease fire help

Flamingburrit008

Hello everyone,

I'm trying for the second time now to learn how to create pyro effects in Houdini. I gave myself a project that seemed fairly simple (a grease fire)... but once again I feel hopelessly stuck.

For some reason I just don't seem to be getting it. I've gone through every free tutorial that I could find... least three times. While I feel like I have a decent understanding of what each parameter does and how it works, I just cant seem to get the hang of how to use them together to create a decent effect. I chose to do a grease fire because it seemed relatively simple and because I was able to find a lot of reference videos to study. But for the life of me, I just cant seem to get anything close to the look down. It kinda feels like I'm missing something obvious... I've always been the type that was unable to see the forest for the trees. 

I've included a file of one of my many attempts. Also, this is one of the videos that I've been referencing a lot. 

https://youtu.be/pEVl8R9Q9EM

I'm not trying to create a fireball type of look (not yet at least), just a pan of flaming grease. 

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

grease_fire_wop.hipnc

Edited by Flamingburrit008