Making Pointclouds... But Not Quite

I wanted to know if anyone here knows the data structure of Pixar's pointcloud format? Is there anyways I can print out the information in a pointcloud?

Thanks in advance

21593[/snapback]

If you're not adverse to using Pixar's API, there's a "pointcloud.h" file you might want to look at.

dont u think its strange that they introduced point clouds in 11.5 and they dont have any good documentation on it?

thanks for the tip... I will definately check it out....

just wanted to add, I check the 12.5.1 pro server folder and all I got was a d_pointcloud.dll

dont u think its strange that they introduced point clouds in 11.5 and they dont have any good documentation on it?

thanks for the tip... I will definately check it out....

just wanted to add, I check the 12.5.1 pro server folder and all I got was a d_pointcloud.dll

21617[/snapback]

Do you have the development kit for it? Is there an "include" directory? If not, you'll need to download it.

21617[/snapback]

Point clouds in PRMan have been kind of a moving target. They added point clouds for radiance and occlusion in 11. In 12.5 they've moved over to the new brickmap format and are going to get rid of the older point cloud format.

Not sure where the include file is, install issue? Also check out the application notes. One of notes for 12.5 talks about the brickmap API.

ok here is the deal,

I am in school, the people there dont know what they must do to get these files, can you please advice me on where to look so that I can tell them to log on their user a/c and download the necessary files?

my school jeez, I would be a millionaire for all the times they think they know what they are doing... I wish sometimes I actually bough my own copy of prman... but its the money issue.

ok here is the deal,

I am school, the people there dont know what they must do to get these files, can you please advice me on where to look so that I can tell them to log on their user a/c and download the necessary files?

my school jeez, I would be a millionaire for all the times they think they know what they are doing... I wish sometimes I actually bough my own copy of prman... but its the money issue.

21620[/snapback]

Sorry, but I've never actually installed the software myself. However, I'm sure the people here can answer this question:

https://renderman.pixar.com/forum/forumdisp...p?s=&forumid=29