Vex Volume Procedural Grid Rez

Ronald Ruiz

Hi! I've found many examples with volumes using this render approach, but there is somthing I'm missing out. How does this VEX Procedural Volume gets its divSize/resolution? I've seen the "octree" option but it's another thing (An optimization for getting less render time) So how does this volume define it's grid resolution? I'm just curious!! Thanks.

This is poorly documented (or possibly not documented at all), but the division size for a CVEX Volume Procedural is 1/100 of your maximum bounding box dimension. Depending on your scene, when you're dealing with rendering these volumes you often have to increase Volume Quality above 1 to get detailed results.

Thank you! Finally I got the details that I wanted from the Vex Volume :) . Now, I wanted to be cool guy and used the "Vex Voume Procedural" and "CVEX Shader" VOP nodes from the new MAT Context, It works but saddly I can't use the "CVEX Shader" in the "Volume VOP" Vex Source option, It's reserved only for SHOPs :(, that thing is really useful cause you can check a rough preview of your volume, So I went back to the SHOPs context and It's nodes, hopefully this will be updated in the future.