Crowd Sliding Backwards?

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue where some of the agents slide backwards or move backwards after running the simulation a bit. Are there specific nodes I should be looking out for that might cause this issue? 
I've tried turning off variance on speeds (I'm using locomotive agents as they are already animated moving forward), adjusting variance on the Pop Steer Path, and disabled terrain adaptation and projection nodes.

I can't share a scene file due to work security, I just wasn't sure if certain nodes might be more apt to cause this behavior. Still looking through the forums for suggestions.

Thanks!

A quick update. 
I have can remove the backwards sliding of the crowd when I bypass various nodes, but not sure why it's working (for example, the terrain projection nodes?).

I did finally try setting all agents to in-place instead of locomotive. First, I tried this on only two agents, and they worked great. But then the first two agents started sliding back when they weren't in the first place. Long story short, I've changed all agents to in-place and the simulation is working fine now.

I'm still curious if I've fixed one issue at the expense of some other feature, but I'll keep digging.

Thanks

I'm digging through everything right now. Not sure what's missing, but it does seem like they converted a locomotive animation to in-place in the setup file. But then it's being sourced as locomotive again, so not quite sure what's gained by converting back and forth.

I'll share any major breakthroughs, thanks.