Help! I Can't Find Out < Toolkit/bin>

I looked around ,but i haven't found anything .

followed this tutorial http://www.odforce.net/wiki/index.php/HDKF...dQuestions#Bash

1 steps : Start up a shell from "command line tool" -hdkinstall , and I set System Variable called MSVCDir with this path( E:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7)

2 steps: i am sure that Visual C++ installation is included in your PATH environment variable :

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin;
E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\Bin;
E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE

3steps : when i typed toolkit/bin/hdkinstall,It displayed .It displayed that It can't find out the file(toolikt/bin/hdxinstall).

when i typed source houdini_setup_bash,it displayed :

houdini_setup_bash &lt;18&gt; : Invalid if ayntax
         houdini_setup_bash &lt;18&gt; :Unknown command:then

when i typed source houdini_setup,it displayed :

you must cd to the houdini installaation directory before
            sourcing this script.this allows the script to determine.....

houdini_setup&lt;23&gt;:syntax Error:else without matching if 

HFS  undefined

undefined

houdini_setup &lt;30&gt; expression error: syntax error -extra tokens detected in expression

I am so confuse what's wrong with my houdini. i really need your help!!! It's my first time to setup HDK. thank you a lot!

What operatiing system are you using?

Steps 1 and 2 are for windows and houdini_setup_bash is for linux.

If you are on windows step 3 is easy. Just go to the Side Effects Software start menu and under the Houdini menu there is an HDK install entry just run that. If you are on Linux then steps 1 and 2 will be different.

What operatiing system are you using?

Steps 1 and 2 are for windows and houdini_setup_bash is for linux.

If you are on windows step 3 is easy. Just go to the Side Effects Software start menu and under the Houdini menu there is an HDK install entry just run that. If you are on Linux then steps 1 and 2 will be different.

25950[/snapback]

thanks for your reply..

my operating is windows, I run the HDK install ... and it setuped "include" files in toolkit folder... but, I can find nothing in my MVSDir ...I think it must lose some files ... when I run visual studio.net ...there is no files for create a houdini plugin project.

can you help me ? I really have no idea ... thank you !

So just to get this straight

You have installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003?

And installed Houdini and run HDK Install?

What path did you install Visual Studio to?

It needs to match the environment variables you setup or you need to change the environment variables to match your actual install path.

If you have all that setup correctly then run Houdini CommandLine Tools and cd to toolkit\samples\SOP (which is in the Houdini install directory) then type "hcustom SOP_Flatten.c" that should compile a sop and it should then be available in Houdini.

So just to get this straight

You have installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003?

And installed Houdini and run HDK Install?

What path did you install Visual Studio to?

It needs to match the environment variables you setup or you need to change the environment variables to match your actual install path.

If you have all that setup correctly then run Houdini CommandLine Tools and cd to toolkit\samples\SOP (which is in the Houdini install directory) then type "hcustom SOP_Flatten.c" that should compile a sop and it should then be available in Houdini.

25952[/snapback]

Hi sibarrick:

It's working for me... It created two files *.dll and *.o .I write Maya Api before ..so I suppose to create houdini's in the same way as maya...I was wrong ! I don't know how to say .. Just thank you ... thank you for replying in time....!

He,he,he nothing in Houdini is the same as Maya.... :)

Welcome on board.

Check out exchange on the Sidefx website for some more sample code. Also there is some on Sourceforge and odWiki.

There isn't too much help on the hdk so feel free to post questions here in the hdk forum.