Disabling Help Browser's Auto-complete Search?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but a search didn't turn up anything.

To keep this short, the auto-complete in help browser searches is starting to bug the crap out of me. It's a nice idea, but mostly just an annoyance with the speed it runs at currently (annoying pause after every single letter while you're trying to type out the search term - not to mention that partial matches in the searches rarely turn up relevant material - speaking from personal experience, anyway).

Is there a way to disable this?

You can turn off these features in the main menu Settings > Preferences

and in the General User Interface tab, turn off the various features in the Editor Tools section.

26187[/snapback]

old school, those are the settings for inputting expressions (popping up a simple description of the expression you're typing, etc.) and working with the expression editor, not the help browser. You can disable everything in that list, and still the help browser will automatically perform a search after every character you type.

I dug through most of the settings in that area, and didn't see much that was specifically related to the help browser. :unsure: