Wire Object Question..? - Attaching Objects...

cellchuk

Hi all,

I need to attach some objects to an l-system tree (which will be the wire object) and have the objects hanging from the branches dynamically. they also need to fall down, so the branch will need to bend.

* I have checked the bendin tree turorial of the Houdini but I couldnt manage to do what I wanted.

I need some guidance to get the effect. (and if anyone knows or have an idea , a hip file would be helpful)

thanks in advance.

cheers

Could you provide more details as to exactly what kind of effect you are trying to achieve?

GW

Yep Sure,

I have an l-system based tree model and I will have some fruits on the branches.

So I was thinking to read the l-system tree as a wire object in DOPs and attach the fruits as RBD Objects so that I would have the realistic hanging fruits and bending branches animation by using DOPs.

The fruits will also detach from the tree and fall down (accordingly the branches needs to react)

As an example, houdini Bending Tree help file (for wire objects) have similar approach. but I couldnt find a way to manipulate it to get the effect that I need.

"hanging fruits and bending branches"

I hope that explains my question. If you d like to know any other details please ask.

(I really need help on this simulation :D )

cheers.