Cloth Simulation

Jamolhon

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do some cloth simulation.

As an example, I made an aprin shape geometry SOP, then imported into DOPs, appended cloth constrains to the points that shoud hold the geometry inplace, followed by the Cloth Solving and Fan Force node. BUT, ASAP, the wind start effecting the cloth geometry it dissolving/ splitting into mlns of polygons. I mean, each polygon making the geometry is splitting apart and flying away individually.

Looking forward to hear from you all ...

Regards,

Jamolhon

email: ahmedov_j_u@mail.ru

check your geometry

it sound like you have unique points/primitives

try appending fuse sop at the end before export node and maybe also facet/postcompute normals to get "healthy" topology

you can also pre triangulate with triangulate 2D , it is better for cloth sims

and turn off cloth/cloth collision in cloth obj if you dont need it until the end to get faster feedback

hope this helps

z

Thank you Zoran,

I did manage to make it wave, and at leat it simulating.

Hovewer, the speed of the wind force coming from the "fan force DOP" is not controllable from its own parametres. I've played around with a all parametres and no change in wind force. It looks like, the cloth material is under heary wind, but at the same time something holding the geometry in the same position that is floking at the edges very quickly.

Thank again,

Jamolhon

try checking your units

I know sometimes with dops in general it helps to rethink what materaila simulation you actually have

what is real density of cloth and weight of rbd, and accordingly forces strenght.

Probably it would help if we could have some density , stretch and bend defaults for denim, shirt cotton, woolen coat....leather...

it would shorten guess work

z