Metaball

Tamis

hey man

if you wish to render the metaballs as volume (similar to i3d :ph34r: ) - in the case of rendering volume :

take a look at Help documention under /rendering/volumetricrendering - search for "Rendering Metaballs" at the bottom of the page shows an example.

however if u want to access data from the mataballs, within ur shader, look at the metaimport vop.

a good example is found in the FX tools, thick smoke,

the VOP shader and VOP SOP uses the metaimport vop, and that allows you to read data on ur shader.

hope this helps

:blink:

Thats exacly what i'm looking for metaimport.

only i can't find the thick smoke example is this still apparent in the houdini 9 documentation ??

any way geat thanks for helping me here, i hope to be of service to you one day.

hey man

if you wish to render the metaballs as volume (similar to i3d :ph34r: ) - in the case of rendering volume :

take a look at Help documention under /rendering/volumetricrendering - search for "Rendering Metaballs" at the bottom of the page shows an example.

however if u want to access data from the mataballs, within ur shader, look at the metaimport vop.

a good example is found in the FX tools, thick smoke,

the VOP shader and VOP SOP uses the metaimport vop, and that allows you to read data on ur shader.

hope this helps

:blink: