position attribute of RBD fracture object

ykcosmo

I made my objects into shatter with groups, then make it to RBD fracture object.

I want to group the $OBJID based on the tx, something like the tx > 3, make this OBJ into a group.

it works with point object but not fracture object, because the point object has different positions,

and the fracture object has all the same positions!

I went through this myself a couple of months ago when I was writing a plugin to import fracture objects into maya. What I found was that on rbd fracture objects you have to look at "P" and "t" (in the details view). If I remember correctly you add them together to get the world space position. So you can think of P as the pivot point. The easiest way to see all this stuff clearly is to bring it into CHOPS and use a dynamics chop.

-ranxx

I made my objects into shatter with groups, then make it to RBD fracture object.

I want to group the $OBJID based on the tx, something like the tx > 3, make this OBJ into a group.

it works with point object but not fracture object, because the point object has different positions,

and the fracture object has all the same positions!