Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Swann

Handles in Digital Asset

Hello,

Some question about Digital Asset Handles.

1) I group geometry that is under my pivot. I can change where on my geometry this pivot is created.

How to make my created Handle(let say scale) move where pivot is ? Now it stays in center of my geometry and it feels weird when you scale or rotate something and its on the other side of the viewport than my Handle.

2) Let say that I have line made from 20 points and ramp is used for local translation/distortion of this line. Ramp have 5 points.

I wan't to create Handle for each point of the Ramp in Viewport (but along line) so I can change manualy value of this local translation. Ramp values are distributed on line with $PT/$NPT expression.

Is there posibillity to create Handles on every point of Ramp ?

I wll be very thankfull for any tips.

1) I group geometry that is under my pivot. I can change where on my geometry this pivot is created.

How to make my created Handle(let say scale) move where pivot is ? Now it stays in center of my geometry and it feels weird when you scale or rotate something and its on the other side of the viewport than my Handle.

Number One is solved. I use transformer Handle and pluged my attribute under tx,y,z whitch I don't use. I thought that it should be pluged under px,y,z but handle don't landed where it should. Strange, but for now it will sufice me.

But I still don't have idea how to solve 2 question.

Line has 6 points but ramp only 4. I want to create scale Handles in my HDA exactly where those 4 points of ramp should be on my line (green arrows shows that). So if I delete or add one point on my Ramp One handle will disaphear or show. If I move point on ramp Handle also moves.

Got it ?

post-3552-1244945679_thumb.jpg

Edited by SWANN

This one is super old now, but if anyone if out there, I'd love to know if this one got solved somehow, somewhere... Thanks!