Allow Image Motion Blur?

Nerox

I wonder, why did they remove the 'Allow Image Motion Blur' checkbox on the Mantra render node? (Mantra render node\Properties\Sampeling)

I discovered this because on a mantra node from a previous version, I assume H9.5, has this option. Even if I pasted it in a H10 scene it just works, but it doesn't appear in the Mantra render node from H10. I would like to use it to render motionvectors. Because right now, my motionvectors got blurred, that's the last thing one would like to see.

Any Idea's?

I wonder, why did they remove the 'Allow Image Motion Blur' checkbox on the Mantra render node? (Mantra render node\Properties\Sampeling)

I discovered this because on a mantra node from a previous version, I assume H9.5, has this option. Even if I pasted it in a H10 scene it just works, but it doesn't appear in the Mantra render node from H10. I would like to use it to render motionvectors. Because right now, my motionvectors got blurred, that's the last thing one would like to see.

Any Idea's?

Hey Nick, it's still there, but not a default parameter anymore. To add it back you can open a hscript textport and enter this command. (assuming your ROP is named mantra1 in /out)

opproperty -f -F Sampling /out/mantra1 mantra10.0 vm_imageblur

You can also edit rendering parameters from the cog-wheel drop down menu in the parameter pane. You'll notice there's a lot of them not present by default, but the cool thing is you can add parameters and save presets (under same cog-wheel menu -> save preset) for your different needs.

Hey Nick, it's still there, but not a default parameter anymore. To add it back you can open a hscript textport and enter this command. (assuming your ROP is named mantra1 in /out)

opproperty -f -F Sampling /out/mantra1 mantra10.0 vm_imageblur

You can also edit rendering parameters from the cog-wheel drop down menu in the parameter pane. You'll notice there's a lot of them not present by default, but the cool thing is you can add parameters and save presets (under same cog-wheel menu -> save preset) for your different needs.

Ahh, I got it, great!!

Indeed, there are a lot of them hidden. Is there a way to make it a default for every node?

• 2 weeks later...

go to the gear menu and chose to make the current node state "Permanent Defaults".

You can also save it as a preset.

Ow really? I figured that it meant to store only the default values of 1.3463 or any equivalent.

But that's cool, the day only just started and I all ready learned something new :-).

Thanks mate,

Edited by Nerox