attraction issues :)

alpotnis

Hi ppl .. so this is what i am trying ... an alphabet 'W' made of particles(set initial state) and then called back in the pop net...dispersing and forming a sphere....facing a few problem as follows:

1. firstly the particles should start dispersing from left to right of the alphabet gradually (preferably the timing of which i can control).

2. as the particle travel from the alphabet to form the sphere they should reduce in number.

3. the particles do not seem to take the exact shape of the sphere.

4. and they seem to get attracted to the vertices/ points and not to the surface/ primitives

am attaching the hip file as well as the .bgeo(which is the initial state of 'w')

-thanks

alok

attractor02_x.hip

I am by no means an expert on the Attract POP (and POPs involve some ancient form of voodoo if you ask me), but I modified your file with some hackery. The headlines of this mischievous and poor hacking are:

- I scattered points on the sphere, at least as many as the particles you had in the "W".

- Then I used the property POP to assign a random attractor target point to each particle.

- I then reduced the radius of the attraction while amplifying its power.

- I also measured the distance between each particle and its target point and, depending on that distance, decreased the speed limit on that particle to make the particles have a smooth approach (instead of just going from full speed to zero).

- I put a kill POP with a random selection in there, too.

- I also grouped the particles that were closer than a threshold to their target point and excluded them from the attraction and wind force.

I think that's it. I'm sure there's way more elegant approaches.

cheers,

Abdelkareem

attractor02_x_DEMO.hip

I am by no means an expert on the Attract POP (and POPs involve some ancient form of voodoo if you ask me), but I modified your file with some hackery. The headlines of this mischievous and poor hacking are:

- I scattered points on the sphere, at least as many as the particles you had in the "W".

- Then I used the property POP to assign a random attractor target point to each particle.

- I then reduced the radius of the attraction while amplifying its power.

- I also measured the distance between each particle and its target point and, depending on that distance, decreased the speed limit on that particle to make the particles have a smooth approach (instead of just going from full speed to zero).

- I put a kill POP with a random selection in there, too.

- I also grouped the particles that were closer than a threshold to their target point and excluded them from the attraction and wind force.

I think that's it. I'm sure there's way more elegant approaches.

cheers,

Abdelkareem

thanks a ton abdelkareem for taking your time off and working on my file. i did take me a while to understand the steps u have taken ...although u have explained it well . I haven't used all the sops u have used but then your file has been a learning experience....some stuff still need to make sense to me before i can incorporate it :D . Thanks again!

-alok